Click here to go to The Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology Web-based Submission System
Scope of the Journal :
Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology is a national journal for the publication of research articles and notes in the interdisciplinary fields of meteorology and climatology applied to agriculture and forestry. Emphasis is on basic and applied scientific research and the application of this research to practical problems in agriculture and forestry. Theoretical models should always be tested against experimental data. Typical topics include radiation transfer in plant canopies, evapotranspiration, energy and mass transfer, air movement and turbulence in and above plant canopies, forest-fire/weather interactions, climatology of plant distribution, phenology, glasshouse energy balance and microclimate, climate/growth relationships, plant and animal biometeorology, and other topics in climate change and its interactions with agricultural and forest ecosystems.
Type of Manuscripts :
Articles are full-length papers that report on new findings in some detail. More broadly based review articles may be accepted at the discretion of the editors. Notes are much shorter research papers, occupying a few pages in a journal, and primarily for rapid publication of brief communications on important and timely topics. Special issues devoted to single topics, conference proceedings and comprehensive reviews are also published.
Manuscript Submission :
Manuscripts should be submitted through the on-line Manuscript Central website(http://www.ksafm.org). The complete manuscript is to be submitted in triplicate (original and two copies) directly to the editor-in-chief. The submission should include a cover letter that includes the manuscript title and full contact information, including mailing address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address, for one of authors, as well as any additional information required for the manuscript. The submitted article should be original and unpublished and should not be considered for publication elsewhere. Authors have the option of submitting their manuscript in electronic form. The manuscript must be available in PDF or MS Word format.
Mailing Address :
Mr. Jinew PARK, 200-4102 Seoul National University, Seoul, 08826, Korea
Tel) +82-2-880-4664 // Fax) +82-2-871-0235 // Email) firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscript Preparation :
- Language : The journal’s language is either Korean or English.
- Typing : Use double spacing, and leave a generous left-hand margin. All pages must be numbered, and all headings/subheadings must be consistent. Underline only words or letters to appear in italics.
- Title, Name, Address : Provide the title in full, author’s name, affiliation and present address (for receipt of proofs, if different from the affiliation) without any abbreviation. If written in Korean (English), provide additionally the title, name, affiliation and address and abstract in Korean (English). The structure of a manuscript is such that the title (including author and address) is followed by the content, acknowledgment, and references.
- Abstract : Include an abstract of 200-300 Words.
- Tables : Number all tables with Roman numerals and include a short title in English.
- Figures : (1) All figures (picture, diagram, graph: e.g., Fig. 1) must be suitable for reproduction without being retouched or redrawn, and be prepared in English. Check that all letterings will still be legible after the figure is reduced to fit the page. (2) Write your name and the figure number lightly on the back in pencil, and indicate in the right margin of the text the most appropriate location for the figure.
- Formulas : Subscripts and superscripts should be set off clearly. Use a full stop for decimals, and reserve crosses for multiplication. The sign for ‘about equal to’ is “ ”; ‘proportional to’ is indicated by ‘~’. Vectors are printed in bold face.
- Units : The metric system is to be used, and the cgs or mks system (except in unavoidable circumstances).
- Date and Time : Date should be written in the order of day, month and year, following time. Use Local Standard Time (LST) in military hours (24 hours). e.g.) 1500 LST 30 March 1999
- Footnotes : Avoid using footnotes if possible (However, if necessary, identify by one asterisk, two asterisks,etc).
- References : Only references to published works are present: Arrange all references in alphabetically and chronological order at the end of the paper. Note that the initials follow name, all names are mentioned, the date precedes the article title, and the name of the journal, the volume, and the page numbers (The volume number should be in bold face; the title of books are underlined to indicate italics). In the text of the paper, use ‘et al.‘ if there are more than two authors. e.g.,) Harazono, Y., J. Kim, A. Miyata, T. Choi, J. I. Yun, and J. W. Kim, 1998: Measurement of energy budget components during the International Rice Experiment (IREX) in Japan, Hydrological Processes 12, 2081-2092.
- Letters : The submitted letters should be as short as possible and not exceed six pages. Letters are fully refereed and are published as soon as possible after acceptance, ahead of regular papers.
- Books for Review : Book reviews are only invited by the editorial board and should be sent to the editor-in-chief.
- Final Manuscript and Proofs : The accepted-for-publication paper should be provided in the final form on one hard copy and on MS Word files. Subsequently, one set of proofs will be sent to the author, to be checked for printer’s errors (In the case of two or more authors indicate to whom the proofs should be sent).
- Page Charge and Offprints : Published articles will be charged 200,000 Korean Won for the first 6 pages. If the total page number exceeds more than 6, additional 20,000 Won will be charged per each additional page; also, additional charge will be made for offprints.
- Resubmission : A manuscript rejected for publication in Korean Journal of Agricultural and Forest Meteorology may not be resubmitted.
- Consent to Publish : Upon acceptance of an article by the journal, the author(s) will be asked to transfer the copyright of the article to the publishers. This transfer will ensure the widest possible dissemination of information.
All manuscripts are treated as confidential. And manuscripts are peer-reviewed by 2 or 3 reviewers selected by the editor and associate expert. Editors and reviewers review the manuscripts and announce the decision of the editor. The corresponding author is notified as soon as possible of the editor’s decision the ‘accept’, ‘reject’, and ‘accept with revision’ of manuscripts. Final manuscript is scheduled for publication in the available issue.
Authorship and Ethical Issues :
For the policies on the research and publication ethics not stated in this instructions, International standards for editors and authors (http://publicationethics.org/international-standards-editors-and-authors) can be applied.